UCI gravel World series
8th of June 2024
See below for all info about the race and the UCI gravel world series
Book a travel pack
Extend your trip and join us for either a bikepacking experience or a fully catered trip the week before or after the race
Gorilla Gravel is a 110 kilometer gravel race in the stunning hills around Kigali. The start is in the center of the city, which has an international airport with direct connections to Johannesburg, Dubai, Istanbul, London, Paris and Brussels.
The race is almost fully on gravel roads, but MTBs are permitted to be used as well.
A shorter 60km (non competitive) ride is available as well.
110 km Gravel Race
Saturday 8th of June Kigali-Kigali
110km race with 3,000 meters of elevation gain. Over 90% of the race is on gravel roads.
Top 25% of each category (elite + age group) will be granted qualifications for the 2024 UCI Gravel World Championships
Registration for the race starts on 20th of January 2024. All details regarding course and logistics will be made available on this day as well.
Race start: 06h30 am
Registration fee: 80 USD (international riders)
60 km Gravel Ride
Saturday 8th of June Kigali-Kigali
60km ride with start and finish at the same location of the race
- Race Entry
- Aid stations (3 in the main race)
- Race Welcome Pack
- Download link for all pictures
- Access to the finish party
- Shuttle from finish back to start
- MEN ELITE
- WOMEN ELITE
- AGE GROUPS MEN & WOMEN:
- 19 – 34y
- 35 – 39y
- 40 – 44y
- 45 – 49y
- 50 – 54y
- 55 – 59y
- 60 – 64y
- 65 – 65y
- 70 – 74y
- (further age brackets of 5 years)
As per the official qualification system for the 2024 UCI Gravel World Championships, each TREK UCI Gravel World Series event grants qualification rights for the UCI Gravel World Championships for those riders finishing in the first 25% of their category.
- For all categories, the first three finishers per age group are always qualified, independently of the number of starters in that specific age group.
- The top 25% is based on the number of riders effectively taking the start (not the number of pre-registered riders or riders finishing the race). The 25% is rounded to the highest number to determine the exact number of qualified riders per age group (for instance: with 26 starters, 6.5 are eligible for qualification, meaning that the first 7 will be invited for the World Championships)
Elite riders from a UCI registered team must always take part in the elite category. Elite riders with a national level license have the choice to start in the elite category or in their respective age groups, but must make that choice prior to the race. Riders signing up for the elite category can only qualify for the elite category at the UCI Gravel World Championships. Riders signing up for the age group categories can only qualify for the age group categories at the UCI Gravel World Championships. If a rider who started with the elites didn’t qualify in the elite category, he can’t claim qualification in his age group if his finish time would be within the top 25% of his age category.
- Each finisher will be receiving a Tugende Gravel Medal
- Every rider who finishes in the top 25% of his/her age group in the qualifier events shall be given a UGWS medal
- TREK UCI Gravel World Series will provide a jersey for every winner in his/her age category for both men’s and women’s races. There will also be a jersey for the overall male/female winner.
A 60km ride will be organized simultaneously with the 120km race. However, this event will be non-competitive in nature.
Start and finish of the 120 and 60 kilometer events are at the same spot
Look no further! Tugende will be the venue of the start and all other side events, book your bed now!
See travel packs below.
Build your perfect travel pack with activities both before and after the event. Choose one or several of the options, and take your chance to discover the best of what Rwanda has to offer
* Possible private trip activities include Gorilla Tracking, Safari Game Drive, Volcano Hike, Chimpansee tracking, ..
Group Bookings & Flight tickets
For bookings for groups of 6 people or more and packages including flight tickets: reach out to us directly. For groups we can offer a fully catered trip including flights, safari, and other activities. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Book with us
Discount code for the Tugende hotel will be provided to all racers after signing up.