Kigali is one of the best places on earth to ride a bike.
However, the number of cars is increasing year after year, and road conditions are changing all the time. If you want to go out on a bike, it’s best to have a route planned in advance.
We collected our favourite rides on road or gravel bike for you, free for all to download!
Want to have custom trips made for you? Reach out to us via the contact form on this website.
To download any of the routes for your GPS device, click on the tab and go to “full route”. Either select “Send to Device”, or navigate to “More Export Options” and select “GPX track” (don’t use GPX route!)
Our favourite road rides around Kigali
- Uganda Road: A relatively flat road, with an optional loop that includes a very tough climb
- The Worlds: proposed course for the 2025 UCI Road world championships, consisting of two loops, that will each be done several time in the main race
- The New Croissant Loop: a local favourite, with some fun inner city climbs
- The Byumba Loop: 160 kilometers loop with start and finish in Kigali. Stunning but very tough.
- Cobble Madness: many people know the wall of Kigali, but did you know there are many cobbled climbs around the city? This 80km loop takes 11 of them!
We picked 4 loops, one in each direction, they all take some of the mighty climbs around the city, and have some amazing panoramic points. Finally, we added a “Kigali Gravel Ring Road” which connects all 4 of the loops. Use these to build your own longer ride!